Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The Circle of Life

March 9, 2011 would've been my Dad's 90 birthday! He's been gone for just over 3 years now and I have missed him. I have often thought of advice that he would give me if he could as I have tried to make decisions using the wisdom that he helped me obtain over the years. My Dad was a good man, although at time a little misdirected. He always gave good advice. He was definitely not without his flaws--but none of us are! My Dad taught me to be true to what I professed to believe. He taught me that anything is possible with a lot of determination, hard work and faith in God. I miss my Dad and hope that the things I do will make him feel proud.

March 9th is also a day that one of my friends had her baby. It was a good day to have a baby! I was so happy when she told me that I could come to the hospital and take pictures for her. There is just something about a newborn baby that seems to put this crazy, chaotic world at peace--even if just for a moment. I created a slideshow with the images that I took, but for the life of me, cannot get it to load up here! If you're on Facebook and are my friend (or a fan of Merrill Design & Photography) you can see it there. Here are a few samples from the session. I hope that as you look at these, you will feel the peace that I felt as I worked with this new addition to our earth!

2 comments:

  1. Amazing how life constantly is renewed with the birth of a precious soul. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't know you had a blog. You should keep it up, post more pictures. Newborn pics are always beautiful (not to lessen your photography skill :)). I didn't take enough pictures of my daughters, so I'm making sure I get plenty of my son. Thanks for sharing.
    It Just Got Interesting

    ReplyDelete