Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Random Ponderings

Whenever I think about this blog I think how I wish I had more people following it. Then I think that maybe if I would write more often I would probably have more followers! I wonder if my content isn't funny enough. Isn't down-to-earth enough. Isn't good enough. But then I hear my mentor tell me that it isn't any of my business what others think!

Sometimes I wonder if it is vain to think that I could actually write something that others would want to read. And even more than just read but actually get something worthwhile out of! Oops, there I go again though worrying about what others are thinking. However, it does have to have a certain amount of importance as I consider just what to write about. I mean, who wants to hear about what time I woke up and a moment by moment run down of my day! I'd probably lose the few followers I do have if I were to do that!

I have a confession though. It is that I LOVE to write! I LOVE to share what I'm learning in this great adventure we call life. I feel like there are some really awesome things that I get to experience and I want to share it with everyone I know (and perhaps with a bunch of people that I don't know)! I believe that no experience that I have is for me alone. It is most definitely for my growth and learning, but I believe that I then have a responsibility to share what I have learned. Plus, it has been said that if you really want to understand something you should teach it. Each day is a new day to learn and be shown the wonders of God. Each day is a gift. Open it and experience it to its fullest. Make of this adventure all that it is meant to be!

Recently a Facebook friend posted this: "Tell me what you want, what you really, really want...in LIFE!" My answer is simple, but it is also very complicated. My answer is, "to help my family and serve others." What I really have to figure out is HOW do I accomplish this? I have been given talents, as we all have been, to help me accomplish this goal. My life-long quest has been to learn how I am to use my talents in the way that God wants me to. I know through experience that as I use my talents in the way I'm suppose to, others are blessed and I am filled with much joy and satisfaction. I FEEL God's approval. There just really isn't a better feeling than that!

What do you really, really want?!

2 comments:

  1. I am with you, Patti. I think about that all the time and ask God what He wants me to do with my talents. It makes everything worth while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are always so great with words. i have alwasy thought so. I love that you are sharing these things with us all. youjust have a way of saying things in just the right way. love you!!

    ReplyDelete